the best vegAN PIZZA
I'm sure I've mentioned this before but pizza is food group in my house. We eat pizza every week. More specifically, we eat this pizza every week. Yeah sure every once in a while we make a different, and delicious, pizza but we always inevitably come back to this one. The best vegan pizza ever. In fact, I think this is one of the best pizzas ever - period.
Of course, if you don't like vegetables then this pizza might not be for you. But, if you are a vegetable lover like me, this easy, no fuss, no frills vegan pizza (with the hands down best pizza sauce ever) will become a staple in your house, too.
This pizza is so delicious I can guarantee you you won't miss the cheese, or the meat for that matter. Even more, the 2 minute, no-cook pizza sauce is so amazingly good I would urge you to make some extra so you can dip your pizza crust in it.
1 cup whole canned tomatoes
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 cup fresh basil leaves and stems
2 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
8-10 thin slices of eggplant
1 cup cremini mushrooms - thinly sliced
1/2 cup red onion - thinly sliced
1/2 cup yellow bell pepper - thinly sliced
1 red chilli - thinly sliced
1/4 cup kalamata olives - pitted and halved
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup sundried tomatoes - roughly chopped
1. pre-heat oven to 450°
2. to make the pizza sauce, combine tomatoes, red wine vinegar, fresh basil bunch, 1 tbsp olive oil, garlic clove, crushed red pepper, dried oregano, salt & pepper in a blender. blend until smooth and set aside.
2. To assemble pizza, brush entire pizza dough with 1 tbsp olive oil. spread pizza sauce over the surface of the pizza.
3. spread mushrooms, onions, bell peppers over the surface of the pizza.
4. dot the pizza with olives and red chilli slices.
5. place the eggplant slices on the pizza and brush them with a little bit of olive oil.
5. bake the pizza for 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the eggplant begins to crisp around the edges.
6. spread the sundried tomato pieces over the pizza and bake for another 5 minutes.
7. remove the pizza from the oven and scatter over a handful of basil leaves.